Tips For A Lower Heating Bill
Help Lower My Heating Bills, Please!
Here are some steps to reducing your overall energy usage, thus lowering costs, and making everyone happy.
- Replace or clean your filters regularly
- Use your ceiling fans to optimize air flow
- Seal any gaps or air leaks to weatherize your home
- Keep your fireplace chimney damper closed when not in use
- Set thermostat to 68 degrees during the day and back to 60 degrees at night-each degree can save up to 5 percent of your energy bill
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Open blinds and drapes during the day to let the sun warm your rooms
- Keep hot water use to a minimum and shorten showers (2/3 of your water heating costs go to showers)
- Install high efficiency appliances, doors, and windows
Share This Article
Keeping our customers comfortable has been our mission since day one. As a family-owned, community-based heating, cooling, and AC company in Virginia Beach, the MSCO team is comprised of certified technicians, and Trane comfort specialists with decades of combined experience in the industry.