Some of the benefits of HVAC maintenance include:
- Lower utility bills: When a professional HVAC maintenance technician expertly calibrates your heating and cooling system, it will operate more efficiently, using less energy and costing you less money in the long run.
- Longer life for your HVAC unit: Just like anything else, a well-cared for HVAC system will last longer than one that’s left to slowly deteriorate.
- Fewer costly repairs & replacements: Because a technician is more likely to notice minor issues when they first appear, adjustments can be made to solve the problem before it really starts. The average homeowner is more likely to notice something’s wrong when the issue has already intensified.
- Better air quality: The expert team at MSCO will clean your HVAC system and replace air filters when they come for your semi-annual service visit, so you’ll notice that your air is cleaner after they’ve performed maintenance!
Over the last 65 years, we have invested in training and education for our HVAC Maintenance employees. This means we’re always up-to-date on the latest repair, replacement, and maintenance techniques that improve your HVAC system’s efficiency and keep your home comfortable.
We’re also Trane Comfort Specialists, meaning we’ve demonstrated a dedication to ensuring only the most efficient and safest heating and cooling systems are chosen for each home. We’ll always help you make the choices that are best for you—not the ones that are better for our bottom line.
Continuous HVAC Maintenance Plan
Wouldn’t it be great knowing that when you do need a repair it will be at a discount and you will not wait days or even weeks? Save the headache of unexpected failures, and help ensure that minor problems are caught early with our Continuous HVAC Maintenance Plan!
Terms & Conditions: This plan is not a warranty and does not cover repairs or replacements. Monthly pricing based on the primary system. Minimum six months commitment with early termination resulting in full tune up price.
For $29 a month, this includes:
- Routine HVAC maintenance every 6 months
- 24/7 priority service – never wait weeks for a repair!
- No overtime charges for emergencies!
- Discounted replacements and repairs
- Free system cleanings every six months
Our HVAC Maintenance Checklist
When you schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment with MSCO, we’ll perform a long list of maintenance tasks to make sure your units are in top shape.
For outdoor units, your HVAC technician will:
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean dirt, leaves, and debris from inside the cabinet.
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings and remove obstructions as necessary.
- Inspect coil and cabinet and clean as needed.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models, lubricate as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring, and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat, and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
For indoor units, your HVAC technician will:
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan, and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces.
- Inspect burner assembly and adjust as needed.
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls.
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system and check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring, and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect ductwork and check for leaks
- Turn on your system and monitor its operation–including checking for unusual noises or odors, correct refrigerant charge and gas pressure, and more!
Our friendly HVAC experts will gladly answer any questions you might have while they’re performing maintenance on your HVAC units. There are many reasons to invest in an HVAC maintenance plan. With HVAC systems, repairs can add up quickly. An HVAC maintenance plan is one of the easiest ways homeowners can prevent major furnace repairs, an entire furnace replacement, as well as unnecessary AC repairs and replacements.