Many people haven’t even heard of geothermal heat pumps, but they’re one of the most energy-efficient HVAC systems available today! Like other types of heat pumps, geothermal systems provide both heating and cooling and are great for homes in Virginia Beach because of our mild winters. Mechanical Service Company installs geothermal systems throughout the Virginia Beach area, and we can answer any questions you might have. If you’re interested in a geothermal heating and cooling system for your home in Virginia Beach or throughout Southside Hampton Roads, contact MSCO today!
Benefits of Geothermal SystemsGeothermal heat pumps are extremely energy-efficient because they use the energy stored underground to provide high quality heating and cooling for your Virginia Beach home. While above-ground temperatures can vary drastically depending on a variety of factors, but the temperature of the earth underground stays relatively stable. The benefits of installing a geothermal system include:
- Convenience: Geothermal heat pumps have the ability to both heat and cool your home.
- Less noise: Geothermal systems are much quieter than traditional HVAC systems
- Safety: Since they don’t use combustible fuels, geothermal systems eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, and fire damage that could be caused by a furnace.
- Eco-friendliness: Because they use less energy to heat and cool your home and don’t use fossil fuels, geothermal systems don’t emit greenhouse gases!
- High-quality temperature control: These systems provide consistent temperature control throughout your home, so you shouldn’t have any hot or cold spots.
- Tax credits: The government and many utility companies offer monetary incentives for investing in geothermal heat pumps.