HVAC Maintenance in Virginia Beach, VA
Help Your HVAC System Work Smarter, Not Harder!
Investing in HVAC maintenance might seem like just an extra expense on the service, but it’s worth it in the long run. When you commit to regular maintenance on your heating and cooling system, you help ensure that any minor problems or inefficiencies will be caught early rather than growing into major complications! Even when there are no visible issues, expert calibrations by Mechanical Service Company’s HVAC specialists can help your system run more efficiently, which has many benefits.
If you’re interested in one-time HVAC maintenance or a long-term maintenance agreement, contact MSCO in Virginia Beach today!
MSCO Energy Savings Agreements for Hampton Roads Residents
The easiest way to stay on top of a regular HVAC maintenance schedule is to sign up for a maintenance agreement. MSCO offers Energy Savings Agreements that include two visits from an experienced technician per year—one before heating season and one before cooling season—to check on the status of your HVAC system and repair any issues that appear. With Energy Savings Agreements, you don’t have to rely on your memory to schedule maintenance at least twice per year, and you’ll save money on the cost of labor!
If you’re interested in signing up for one of our Energy Savings Agreements for HVAC maintenance, call us today at 757-453-5018!
The Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
You hear all the time that regular maintenance is good for your HVAC system, but do you know why? Some of the benefits of HVAC maintenance include:
- Lower utility bills: When a professional HVAC technician expertly calibrates your heating and cooling system, it will operate more efficiently, using less energy and costing you less money in the long run.
- Longer life for your HVAC unit: Just like anything else, a well-cared for HVAC system will last longer than one that’s left to slowly deteriorate.
- Fewer costly repairs & replacements: Because a technician is more likely to notice minor issues when they first appear, adjustments can be made to solve the problem before it really starts. The average homeowner is more likely to notice something’s wrong when the issue has already intensified.
- Better air quality: The expert team at MSCO will clean your HVAC system and replace air filters when they come for your semi-annual service visit, so you’ll notice that your air is cleaner after they’ve performed maintenance!
Our HVAC Maintenance Checklist
When you schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment with MSCO, we’ll perform a long list of maintenance task to make sure your units are in top shape.
For outdoor units, your HVAC technician will:
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean dirt, leaves, and debris from inside cabinet.
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings and remove obstructions as necessary.
- Inspect coil and cabinet and clean as needed.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models, lubricate as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring, and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat, and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
For indoor units, your HVAC technician will:
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan, and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces.
- Inspect burner assembly and adjust as needed.
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls.
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system and check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring, and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect ductwork and check for leaks
- Turn on your system and monitor its operation–including checking for unusual noises or odors, correct refrigerant charge and gas pressure, and more!
Our friendly HVAC experts will gladly answer any questions you might have while they’re performing maintenance on your HVAC units.
Why Choose MSCO for Virginia Beach HVAC Maintenance?
Not only have we been in the HVAC business for over 60 years, but we also invest in training and education for our employees. This means we’re always up-to-date on the latest repair, replacement, and maintenance techniques that improve your HVAC system’s efficiency and keep your home comfortable. We’re proud to be recognized as Trane Comfort Specialists, meaning we’ve demonstrated a dedication to ensuring only the most efficient and safest heating and cooling systems are chosen for each home. We’ll always help you make the choices that are best for you—not the ones that are better for our bottom line.
For expert, reliable HVAC maintenance in the Virginia Beach area, contact MSCO today!