Ductwork is a vital component of your HVAC system and one that has a direct impact on the comfort and safety of your family. As important as they are however, most homeowners don’t give much thought to their ducts until there is a problem or they want to upgrade their existing HVAC equipment—and Mechanical Service Company can help with the repair or replacement of ductwork throughout the Southside Hampton Roads area. Spanning three generations and over 60 years of service, the experienced team of professionals at MSCO is dedicated to excellence, quality, and value in everything we do. Call MSCO at 757-427-0016 or contact us online and let us know how we can help.
Common Ductwork Issues
When installed correctly, ductwork is designed to circulate conditioned air throughout your home using a series of strategically placed supply and return vents. However, inferior installation practices and materials can lead to ductwork issues which may have a negative impact on your comfort and health. Common issues include:
- Bad design. The efficiency of your HVAC system is reliant upon the correct sizing and routing of ducts. Too many bends, a circuitous route, or improper materials can all compromise efficiency resulting in a decrease in comfort and an increase in energy costs.
- Collapsed ducts. Collapsed sections of ductwork prevent the flow of air and need to be addressed immediately.
- Improper sealing. Leaky ductwork due to improper sealing techniques or materials results in a loss of conditioned air, while allowing contaminants to enter from unconditioned spaces such as your attic or basement which can lower your indoor air quality.
- Inadequate insulation. Ducts that are insulated poorly or not at all allow for a loss of cool air in the summer and heated air in the winter reducing the overall efficiency of your HVAC system.
Duct Repair In Southside Hampton Roads
Because your ductwork is hidden it can be difficult to identify problems without the necessary tools, diagnostic equipment, and experience. The certified experts at MSCO receive ongoing training to ensure they are up to date with the latest technologies and techniques, and we offer 24/7 Emergency Service that you can count on. The benefits of professional ductwork repair include:
- Enhanced air quality. Leaky ducts account for between 20 and 40 percent of the average homes energy costs. In addition to the loss of conditioned air, polluted air can be drawn in through cracks or areas of disconnection and circulated throughout your indoor air.
- Improved efficiency. As conditioned air is lost your HVAC system will have to work even harder to maintain comfort levels, driving up the cost of energy.
- Increased longevity. As system components work overtime to deliver conditioned air, excessive wear and tear is placed on parts shortening the lifespan of heating and cooling equipment.
Learn more about our duct repair services >>>
There are any number of reasons to replace your existing ductwork including old age, improper sizing or installation, upgrades to your HVAC system, or home renovations. Whatever the reason MSCO has you covered with quality, professional ductwork installation services throughout Hampton Roads area. Learn more about our duct replacement services >>>
Why Choose MSCO For Duct Repair and Replacement?
Since 1955 Mechanical Service Company has made it our mission to give homeowners in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake an unparalleled level of service at an affordable price, with a goal that is nothing short of providing total home comfort 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Contact us online or call at 757-427-0016 today, to learn more about ductwork repair and replacement services and for all other HVAC needs and concerns.