Mechanical Service Company has been providing reliable, quality ductwork repair services to homeowners in the Southside Hampton Roads area since 1955 and we’ve worked hard to maintain our reputation as the go-to specialists for all your heating and cooling solutions.
Signs Your Ductwork Needs Repair
Duct issues can be hard to detect, but the experts at MSCO know just what to look for. Call for service at the first signs of trouble to restore efficiency and increase the quality of your indoor air. Signs to watch for include:
- A sudden rise in energy costs. Your HVAC equipment has to work doubly hard to deliver conditioned air through leaky or broken ducts, driving up the cost of energy. If you notice a surge in costs that you can’t account for there is either an issue with heating or cooling equipment or your ductwork is in need of repair.
- Unusual noises from your ducts. A certain degree of expansion and contraction is expected with changes in temperature which can create a popping sound shortly after heating or cooling equipment comes on, but a continuous shaking or rattling sound is a sign of loose or damaged ducts that require attention.
- Unexplained odors. Leaky ducts allow the entry of dust, mold, and other contaminants as they are drawn in from unconditioned spaces such as your basement or crawlspace. If you detect a musty or stuffy odor emanating from your vents, call MSCO to investigate.
- Decreased air quality. Allergy sufferers in particular may begin to experience symptoms such as dry eyes, itchy throat, congestion, and more, as contaminants circulate through the air as a result of leaky ductwork.
- Reduced airflow from vents. Weak airflow is a sign that your conditioned air is being lost through breaks or disconnections in your ductwork.
- Hot or cold spots. Are certain rooms hotter or colder than others? Disconnected ductwork leading to those rooms may prevent conditioned air from reaching supply vents.
How Does Ductwork Become Damaged?
Although you may not be able to see it you know your ductwork is there, but a number of underlying factors can affect how well they do the job. Causes of damage can include:
- Collapse – Excessive corrosion can cause ducts to collapse, preventing the flow of air.
- Corrosion/Rust – Metal ductwork can rust if exposed to sufficient amounts of moisture from leakage, high levels of humidity, or other sources, and can quickly spread.
- Human error – Damage may result from improper installation methods or materials or during the construction or renovation process.
- Infestation – Rodents, small animals, or insects can make their home in the safe, warm confines of your ductwork and in addition to the damage they cause may also affect the quality of your indoor air.
Call MSCO For Duct Repair in Southside Hampton Roads
If you suspect there are leaks or damage to your ductwork, contact the experts at MSCO for fast, reliable diagnoses and repair. Our certified team of professionals are dedicated to providing quality service and value with convenient upfront pricing and 24/7 emergency service for when you need us most.
Contact us today for all your heating and cooling needs.