Heat Pump Repair | Virginia Beach, Norfolk & Chesapeake
In Virginia Beach, many homes have heat pumps to keep them warm in the winter and cool in the summer. By transferring heat from the outdoors to the home and vice versa, heat pumps are highly efficient options for keeping your home comfortable. Because the heat pump is a year-round system, providing the heating effect and the cooling effect, keeping it fully functional is important.
When your heat pump is giving you trouble, you can call Mechanical Service Company for help. Our skilled technicians have a comprehensive list of heat pump services, including heat pump repair. We can get your system back up and running properly, protecting your home’s comfort.
Common Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repair
Heat pump repairs can sneak up on you, but if you’re paying attention, you can post problems before they turn into a full system breakdown. Here are some signs that your heat pump may be edging towards repair.
- Reduced output: If your heat pump isn’t putting out the hot or cold air like it used to, you may have a leak, ice buildup, or problem with the reversing valve. Each of these needs to be checked and repaired.
- Unusual noises: Unusual sounds indicate your system is in need of repair. Grinding, for instance, can indicate the air handler is overheating. Air bubbles in the line or leaks can cause hissing or gurgling sounds. Report any unusual sounds to your HVAC technician right away.
- Increased energy expenses: Are your energy bills going up? This could indicate a problem with your system. Heat pumps are known for being quite efficient, and high bills are a cause for concern that warrants a call for repair.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, MSCO is ready to help. Call us at 757-453-5018.
Heat Pump Repair vs. Replacement
When your heat pump is having problems, you will need to weigh the benefits of repair over the benefits of replacement. Sometimes repair is the right choice, but when your system’s older or facing a serious repair cost, you may be better off in the long run to replace it. Some signs that replacement may be the better choice include:
- High energy bills
- A system that’s 15 or more years old
- Frequent need for repairs
MSCO can help you evaluate your needs. If replacement is the right choice, then we will help by installing a quality system in your home, helping you choose the right one for your home’s needs and your comfort goals.
For more information about heat pump replacement or repair, contact the team at MSCO.
24-Hour Emergency Heat Pump Repair
At MSCO, we realize that heat pump problems won’t always occur during normal business hours. If yours stops working in the middle of the night, you need repair right away. Our technicians are available for you 24 hours a day, seven days per week, so we can get your system back up and running in no time. Even if you have a problem on a major holiday or the weekend, you can benefit from our reliable repair services.
Do you have a heat pump emergency? Call the reliable and professional team at MSCO at 757-453-5018 for prompt emergency heat pump repair services!
Call MSCO for Heat Pump Repair
MSCO has been providing total home comfort to the Virginia Beach area since 1955. For over half a century we’ve invested in continuing education for our employees so that they can handle all of your service needs with the highest level of expertise. Our provides heat pump repair, replacement, and maintenance services to the entire Hampton Roads area, including Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk.
If you need heat pump repair in or near Virginia Beach, call us now at 757-453-5018!