Air Duct Replacement in Virginia Beach, VA
A professionally designed and installed ductwork system will provide your home with years of reliable service, but there are a number of factors that determine just how long it will last. Once your duct network begins to deteriorate, fails to keep your home comfortable, or is damaged beyond the reasonable point of repair, it’s time to consider air duct replacement from the experts at Mechanical Service Company.
Considering replacing your ductwork? Let the team of certified professionals at MSCO help you decide. We’ll perform a thorough evaluation of your existing ductwork and provide you with an estimate for the cost of replacement so you can make an informed decision.
Signs You May Require Ductwork Replacement
The quality and integrity of your ductwork helps determine the efficiency of your HVAC system, comfort, and indoor air quality, and while there are only a handful of things that can go wrong with your ducts there are a number of signs to warn you of an impending replacement, including:
- Increasing energy bills. A sudden or gradual increase in energy not in line with the natural rise in fuel costs, or extreme outdoor temperatures is a sign of system inefficiency. When you consider that a typical home loses between 20 and 30 percent of conditioned air through leaky ducts, ductwork replacement using proper sealing methods and materials can help significantly reduce fuel costs.
- Unusual odors. Musty or stale odors coming from your ducts can be a sign of mold growth while lingering odors throughout your home signal a lack of airflow.
- Reduced indoor air quality. Leaky ducts allow contaminated air to enter from areas such as the attic or crawlspace and circulate through your living space.
- Inconsistent temperatures. Disconnected, poorly designed, or leaky ducts can prevent conditioned air from reaching certain rooms in your home.
- New construction. Renovations and additions will benefit from professional duct design and installation or replacement.
- Upgrades to your HVAC system. Aging ductwork may not handle the demands placed upon it by a new high-efficiency HVAC system.
- Shoddy installation. Inadequate installation or design can lead to discomfort and unnecessarily high energy bills.
- Poor airflow. Weak airflow is a sign that conditioned air isn’t able to reach your living space through your current duct system.
- Zoned heating and cooling. Independently controlled zones can help control energy costs, but may require an upgrade to your ductwork.
The Benefits of Professional Duct Replacement
Ductwork replacement from MSCO begins with a comprehensive inspection and analysis of your existing duct system to determine if replacement is warranted. If so, our highly skilled technicians will get to work designing and installing your new ductwork while treating your home with the respect it deserves. The benefits of our ductwork replacement services include:
- Reduced energy costs.
- Total home comfort 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Balanced airflow.
- Enhanced air quality.
- Even temperatures.
- Added value to your home.
- Greater HVAC efficiency.
Choose MSCO For Air Duct Replacement In Southside Hampton Roads
Why choose MSCO for ductwork repair or replacement? Since 1955 our dedication to excellence in value and service has helped us to earn our stellar reputation among homeowners throughout the Southside Hampton Roads area. Our certified technicians are some of the best in the business and team members are up-to-date with the latest technology, equipment and education so we can provide the same level of service regardless of the make, model, or age of your current HVAC system.
Contact us today to learn more about ductwork replacement, or to schedule an appointment.